Week 5 Recap
- Kudos to Wisconsin for keeping it a lot closer than I thought it would be against Ohio State at the Horseshoe. It probably should have been a blowout, but the Badgers gave tOSU almost all they could handle.
- LSU/Georgia stole my heart. You gotta love a top-10 SEC game where 85 points get put on the board and the game is decided in the final minutes.
- UCF outplayed the #12 Gamecocks for three out of four quarters, but still came up short. South Carolina is not as good as advertised and I would have loved to see a mid-major take them down last weekend. UCF will do good things the rest of the season. Their only remaining test should be Louisville next week. Keep your eyes open for them.
Week 6 Picks
Last week: 18-3 (.857). Overall: 76-16 (.826)
Here’s my week 6 rundown:
- Northwestern, while undefeated, is a little overrated in my book. I don’t see it being much of a game against the Buckeyes by the middle of the 3rd quarter.
- Washington plays Stanford close, but it won’t be enough to beat the Cardinal at home.
- UPSET OF THE WEEK: Utah over UCLA. I’m going out on a limb here, and I don’t have a lot of evidence to back it up, but I like the Utes at home. Their offense is much improved with the help of good ol’ D.E. UCF almost came through for me last week with my crazy upset pick, so I’m hoping Utah can pull out the “W” tonight.
- ASU will not be embarrassed on national TV again. I’ve believed all season that Notre Dame is overrated and ASU will prove it again in Arlington on Saturday.
- I’m looking forward to Ole Miss/Auburn and Michigan State/Iowa. These are two division match-ups pitting one-loss teams against each other that should result in great battles.
Picks in BOLD.
|Georgia State at No. 1 ALABAMA|
|No. 2 OREGON at Colorado|
|No. 3 CLEMSON at Syracuse|
|No. 4 OHIO STATE at No. 16 Northwestern|
|No. 15 Washington at No. 5 STANFORD|
|No. 6 GEORGIA at Tennessee|
|No. 7 LOUISVILLE at Temple|
|No. 25 Maryland at No. 8 FLORIDA STATE|
|No. 10 LSU at Mississippi State|
|TCU at No. 11 OKLAHOMA|
|No. 12 UCLA at UTAH|
|Kentucky at No. 13 SOUTH CAROLINA|
|Georgia Tech at No. 14 MIAMI (FL)|
|West Virginia at No. 17 BAYLOR|
|Arkansas at No. 18 FLORIDA|
|Minnesota at No. 19 MICHIGAN|
|No. 20 TEXAS TECH at Kansas|
|Kansas State at No. 21 OKLAHOMA STATE|
|No. 22 ARIZONA STATE vs. Notre Dame|
|No. 23 FRESNO STATE at Idaho|
|No. 24 OLE MISS at Auburn|
|NORTHERN ILLINOIS at Kent State|
|North Carolina at VIRGINIA TECH|
|Illinois at NEBRASKA|
|MISSOURI at Vanderbilt|
|UCF at Memphis|
|Michigan State at IOWA|
|RUTGERS at Southern Methodist|