Week 7 Recap
Last week is why college football is the best football. No computers or experts can predict weeks like that.
- Clemson has let two average teams (NC State and now BC) play with them. A 10-point victory over Boston College at home is not acceptable for a squad that is supposedly a national title contender. They are due for a fall.
- Utah looked impressive against UCLA, but I don’t think ANYBODY saw them beating Stanford. That may be the biggest upset of the season thus far.
- Louisville showed everyone that they do not deserve to play for the title, even if they finish undefeated. Thank you, Cardinals, for setting us straight.
- I thought playing at home would give Georgia enough steam to beat the Tigers despite the onslaught of injuries that the Bulldogs have faced. Turns out it didn’t. There’s one less SEC team in the national title conversation.
- Is Texas back from the dead? I doubt it. I predict a 3-3 finish for them which will put them at a not-respectable-in-Austin 7-5.
- Thank you Penn State for doing to Michigan what already should have been done.
- I’m glad ASU played Wisconsin week 3 at home instead of now. The Badgers are a force to be reckoned with.
Week 8 Picks
Last week: 16-4 (.800). Overall: 116-24 (.829).
- I don’t think you can call it an upset, but I predict Florida State will roll Clemson. It won’t even be a game by the fourth quarter.
- This will be a huge bounce-back game for Stanford against UCLA at home. They’ll need to make a statement here to have any chance at the title.
- UPSET OF THE WEEK: Without their starting QB, Missouri will struggle against Florida. Nothing’s impossible (as we saw last week), but I don’t see the Tigers being able to pull this one out.
Picks in BOLD.
|Arkansas at No. 1 ALABAMA|
|Washington State at No. 2 OREGON|
|No. 5 FLORIDA STATE at No. 3 Clemson|
|Iowa at No. 4 OHIO STATE|
|No. 6 LSU at Ole Miss|
|No. 24 Auburn at No. 7 TEXAS A&M|
|UCF at No. 8 LOUISVILLE|
|No. 9 UCLA at No. 13 STANFORD|
|No. 10 MIAMI (FL) at North Carolina|
|No. 11 SOUTH CAROLINA at Tennessee|
|Iowa State at No. 12 BAYLOR|
|No. 22 FLORIDA at No. 14 Missouri|
|No. 15 GEORGIA at Vanderbilt|
|No. 16 TEXAS TECH at West Virginia|
|UNLV at No. 17 FRESNO STATE|
|No. 18 OKLAHOMA at Kansas|
|No. 20 Washington at ARIZONA STATE|
|TCU at No. 21 OKLAHOMA STATE|
|No. 23 NORTHERN ILLINOIS at Central Michigan|
|No. 25 WISCONSIN at Illinois|
|Indiana at MICHIGAN|
|Purdue at MICHIGAN STATE|
|UTAH at Arizona|
|USC at Notre Dame|
|OREGON STATE at California|
|Minnesota at NORTHWESTERN|
|BYU at Houston|
|Nevada at BOISE STATE|